Our tax lawyers are experienced in helping clients resolve tax problems with federal and state taxing authorities, including:
- Audit management.
- Negotiation with IRS Appeals Office.
- Petition U.S. Tax Court of U.S. District Court as appropriate.
- Complaint preparation and filing before the Alabama Tax Tribunal.
- Alabama Department of Revenue for allocation orders in multi-state transactions.
The following are some examples of how we have helped our clients in the past with resolving their tax issues with agencies:
- Represented taxpayers (individuals and businesses) before U.S. Tax Court in deficiency claims and resolved matters before trial favorably to taxpayers’ interests.
- Represented taxpayers before IRS on plans for installment payments of delinquent payroll taxes and compromise of tax liabilities.
- Represented taxpayers in State and local audits for licenses, sales, use, and rental taxes.
- Reviewed and provided local counsel opinion in connection with multi-state loans representing borrower or lender to obtain tax order from the State of Alabama on values in Alabama not less than $10,000,000 and not more than $60,000,000,000.
- Represented taxpayers before IRS in collection matters ranging from less than $25,000 to more than $250,000.