As business lawyers and tax attorneys who represent businesses
, including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, their owners and key employees with corporate tax issues, intellectual property rights, governance, government compliance and more, we do the following as needed:
- Business organization selection, formation, governance and related tax issues.
- Shareholder, member and partner agreements and related tax considerations.
- Documentation of minutes and relationships to maintain and operate as an entity.
- Contracts including marketing, distribution, licensing, franchises, employment and service.
- Intellectual Property ownership and royalty interests and related income tax issues.
- Trademark and copyright registration.
- Buy-sell agreements, employment and non-compete agreements, trade secrets agreements.
- Reorganizations, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, redemptions and spin-offs.
- Qualified and non-qualified stock distribution or option plans.
- Business succession planning, including ESOPS.
- Restructuring, downsizing, liquidation and workouts.
- Compliance with federal and State of Alabama income tax, licensing and permitting regulations, governmental agencies, including MHRDD.
- Determination of Alabama or federal exemptions from registration or filings with securities agencies and the State of Alabama Insurance Department.
- Business Tax Issues – including representation before the IRS and Alabama Tax Tribunal, U. S. Tax Court and U.S. District Courts.
- Act as corporate secretary or serve as independent director on corporate boards.